Thursday, November 26, 2009

Eric Carle's Art Lessons

Eric Carle is one of my favorite Children Book author/illustrator. I strongly feel that all children must read his vibrantly illustrated and child-friendly books! In this last term of the year at Braddell Heights, I introduced Eric Carle to my 2 classes.

Lesson 1 - Let's make lots of beautiful colour paper like these!
 

Lesson 2 - We cut and paste them, turning them into pictures!
Spotty Turtle and Flowers - Jairus 6 years old

 
Crecent-pattern Shell Turtle - Nikhail 5 years old

 
Smiley Turtle - Raghav 5 years old.

For the older kids class, I let them make 2 pictures and join them up together. I also taught them how to make the sea with blue and white streaked paints and mixing random colours for the sky.
  Cat on the cloud looking at Fish and Corals below - Gabriel, 6 years old.
Super Cat flying above Big Fish. - Gek Kai 7 years old
Flying Cat & People and (japanese-looking) Big Fish caught on the fishing line.
- Nicole 6 years old.

1 comment: